Friday, April 27, 2012

Full of Gratitude


Since my birthday party I have been full of gratitude. That whole weekend made me realize how blessed I am. I am grateful to all the great people in my life. I am grateful to the friends and family who spent most of the weekend with us celebrating my birthday and Monkey's First Communion.  I have such awesome and amazing people in my life.   Even the ones who couldn't make it because they were studying or something like that. At least I know I was free from silent judgement those 2 days.

I am grateful for one particular friend who can be a total PITA but I know she is doing it for my benefit. She wants me to be the best me I can be. I appreciate her honestly, her support and her butt kicking abilities. And I'm a tiny bit sorry we can't race in the fall together but seriously lakes truly freak me out and I don't want to do it again.

And speaking of friends, I am grateful to the bestest friend I have Rock.  He loves me and supports me.  He is such an awesome dad.  I don't know very many people who can live and work with their spouse but we've managed for 15 years.  Not to mention how he's picked up the slack the last few weeks since I am partially out of commission.

And since I've moved onto family; I am grateful for my 3 loving kids, Seriously I could not have asked for better kids. I love them with all my heart, they are sweet and kind. They take care of each other.  They are bright and funny and I love spending time with them.

And I can't be grateful for my family without mentioning my parents. Without them we would be lost. My mom has been staying with us since Tutu was born.  Given all the stuff that was going on that year there was no way I could manage a newborn, a 2 year old who refused to sleep at night and my sick MIL.  My dad is here from 7am to 7pm most days (and yes I've been trying to convince him to sell his house and move in with us, it just makes sense on so many levels). At 78 he still works part time 3 days a week at a physical job, when he takes the kids to the park he climbs up with Tutu and goes down the slide with him. He gets Monkey to the bus every day, he does our grass, fixes things for us, and does our garden. Life would be so much harder without the love and support from them.

I don't have much family here in Canada but I feel like I do because Rock's extended family is awesome.  They support us in everything we do, since my MIL passed away they have taken over being that family support for Rock. They love and spoil our kids. They are amazing.

I am grateful to an amazing bunch of mamas I have in my life, I only get to see them every few months but they are a part of my life daily. I don't know what I would do without their advice and wisdom.  No topic is is impossible for them, they always have the answers you need and the support you require.  I don't know how I could be the mom I am without their help. 

I am grateful for my job, yes even this week where it is literally driving me crazy with the monotomus repetitive work I am doing.  The job itself may suck but I still have a job and I am surrounded by a great group of people. I am lucky enough to work with Rock but seriously the people I work with are awesome, we have some good times at work even lately. We all know how to joke around and have a good time.

I am grateful for the talents God has given me. I hope shortly that I can put them to good use in helping my family and eventually helping others.  I can no longer take them for granted.

I am grateful for my hurt knee, not that it doesn't suck royally not to do the simplest things, but it has gotten me to slow down. It has allowed me to take time to reflect and set some goals for the future. I know that there is a lesson to learn from it but that has yet to be shown to me.  Everything happens for a reason but we don't always see that reason right away.

There is probably so much more I should be mentioning but I am getting tired. It's been a long, drawn out day and week. Tomorrow is going to be a big day, we are finally getting back the results from monkey's physcho-educational assessment.  I am feeling really nervous about it but tomorrow will be the start of a new beginning because now we will be able to  better help Monkey be the best Monkey she can be.  We can put tools and supports in place for her. 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and creative week and thinking about all they have to be grateful for.

Ania

No comments: