Monday, August 8, 2011

Upcycled T-shirt Tutorial

I wanted to share a tutorial of how to upcycle a t-shirt that is too big.  I got this t-shirt for my MIL before she got sick and she never wore it. It still had tags on it and it was a cute shirt except it was 3 sizes too big.







I took a t-shirt that fits me nicely to use as a guide. I lay  it over top of the t-shirt.



and cut around it leaving an inch seam allowance on all sides.





I then pinned around where I cut and sewed up the sides. Because I left the existing neck line and hem lines all I had to do was sew the sides.






After pinning it I realized I would like it better as a short sleeve so I cut off the sleeves. I didn't hem them to finish them. I just left them as it.




It took about an hour to do and I think it looks super cute.  I love the fit of it, it's one of my favorite t-shirts now.

Ania

Tip 
Junkie handmade projects

No comments: