Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Inspiration Board

 
 
So lately I've been feeling a bit blah and unmotivated. It feels like the energy around my is stagnant and stuck. I've been looking at the same inspiration boards for the last few months and needed new motivation and excitement.  In order to keep my motivation fresh and keep up with my ever changing needs and wants I need to change my inspiration boards. Today I took on that task.
 
I started by cutting out of magazines pictures and sayings that called to me. I cut them and placed them by the side.
 
Then I went and painted some intentions and sayings on my background page. They won't be seen but it helps me sent my intentions and gives more power to what I place on the board.
 
While that is drying I go through the stuff I cut out today and stuff I've kept from previous sessions. I pull out the ones I most strongly associate with. I always pick out more then I think I need so I can play around with the placement.
 
Once the background is dry I play around with the placement.  When I find something pleasing I start to glue down.  Things change from the placement stage to the gluing down stage.
 
Once everything is glued down I go back over and doodle, add more messages to myself.  Once I am happy with it I place it  in a prominent area. Mine gets hung by my computer at work so I can focus on it throughout the day.
 
When I do my boards they always seem to have themes, today's theme was focused on me and the traits I want to display.   One of the key phrases I added this time was "Introducing the reinvention of me", seems like that was my theme.
 
I love how this will give me focus over the next few weeks. I have a feeling I will be creating a few more of these the next few days (I always seem to do a few).  I hope this inspires you to create your own, it's a lot of fun and it's a great tool to see what your subconscious is focusing on.
 

No comments: