Saturday, September 10, 2011

Race Day

Today is the day I have been training for all summer. It seemed so far away when we chose this race date and now it's already here. I had hoped to write out a ore elaborate post last night about how I"m feeling about all this but instead we get a quickly written post race day morning before I run out the door.


I'm feeling rather nervous about the race, it's been a long time since I've done this and never in a lake. I've trained all summer for this so I have no excuse.


We're up early because it's an 1 1/2 hour drive to the race site. We have to be there early to register and our wave begins at 8:46.


I hope that in a few hours I could come back with triumphant news that we won. But my goal is to finish strong.


Ania

4 comments:

LisaMarieF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LIsa Marie said...

(double posted - sorry)

All the best today! Whatever happens just have fun! And be proud of everything you've accomplished! Have a great Race! Can't wait to hear how it went! :)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the luck in the world! Can't wait to find out how you did.

Ania said...

Thank you both, the day didn't go as planned but lessons were learned.