Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Art Date

The last few weeks I have been creating things for my cousin's baby shower.  Come Friday I had mostly everything done so I started to crochet myself a cowl.  I finished it last night and proudly wore it to work today. I think it looks super cute. It took a few tries to get it started because I was working without a pattern but it worked out.










Sunday morning I had an old friend come over and we had an art date.  It was nice to catch up with her and just create.  It's funny because I'm in awe of her because she can create very realistic paintings and mine is more a folksy style. But I found out on Sunday that she admires me for my mixed media work and all the texture I incorporate in my art.  And here I thought I was just messing about.   Of course the girls had to get in on the action as well. And Tutu had his first art encounter too.


While the girls painted (Tutu got bored after about 10 minutes), my friend worked on a painting of a flamingo she has been working on for a few years and I completed in one sitting a mixed media painting if a girl.




No comments: