Friday, May 6, 2011

Artful Swimming

I did my second workout this morning. I did the 750m in 15 minutes there about (I'm going to take a stopwatch with me next time so I can get a true time). I did 1500m this morning. I am sore, it was hard but about halfway through the swim I started to thank God for giving me the strength to do this and it got easier. I found an extra reserve of energy to get through the workout. I also weight myself this morning and I'm down 1lb from Wednesday. I probably shouldn't read too much into that but I have been walking a few times a week as well.

I also wanted to share some more of my art work I have done lately. I can see improvements in it. I was listening to a blog last week and they mention that Picasso had 400 paintings by the time he was 14 so by the time we get introduced to his work he had many more. Practice makes perfect, and I'm practicing, alot.

This is one I did of Tutu.



This is one inspired by an ad.

This ad


I have also started doing portraits of co-workers to hone my skills. I'm still learning and do get better with each one. I have found that people are critiquing my work and telling me what I've done wrong. These are people who can't even draw a straight line. Instead of encouraging me they want to crush me. I ignore them, if it's construct criticism I take it. I have a coworker J who is also into art like me and we share, inspire and critique each other.


Big changes happening in my life. I'm exciting what is going to become of all this. May you have a blessed day.

No comments: