Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Works in Progress

So I had a rule where I would only work on one project at a time so I would finish them and not have tons of works in progress. Just before Christmas I broke that rule and now I have a few works in progress. I am going to finish them up and start to follow my rule again.

Just before Christmas I started to make dolls for the kids. I was making it without a pattern and I had to put it away when things were getting worse with my MIL. I couldn't concentrate and it started my works in progress. Here is the doll head in progress, I was having trouble embroidering the eyes. underneath you can see the invites I was working on for Tutu's Baptism. I need to get them out by tomorrow.


The other day i started another over-painting.I kinda got stuck because I wanted the feathers on the wings to shimmer but feathers and glimmer mist don't mix. I need to redo the feathers but I do like how it's turning out. This time I've included a before and in progress picture.



I'm also working on a blanket for Tutu's Baptism. The one we used for the girls is somewhere still in a box so I've got that to work on as well.

To top all that off I've received alot of distractions in the mail over the last few days. I got my Chapter's order and 2 new magazines. I really want to dive right in and be inspired.


And here are a few pictures of my family to share.
Here is Rock and the kids with my dad on his 77th Birthday. Doesn't he look good?



And here are the girls in their new shoes. Monkey is rocking out her first pair of heels.




A cute picture of Tutu.

No comments: