Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back to Work

Yesterday was my first day back at work it was a day I wasn't looking forward to but I also felt it was a start to a new chapter. That it was filled with possibility, that maybe things were going to be different this time. I can tell you that it was made clear very quickly that as much as thing had changed the more they stayed the same and any silly dreams I may have will remain dreams. It was a frustrating and demoralizing day. It was an emotional day. Instead I will have to work on myself and make my dreams come true in another venue.
Tutu and Muffin had a good day without me. My parents watched over them and although they missed me they had lots of fun. When I got home, Tutu came to me had a little bit of milkies and then went away from me. It broke my heart to be shunned by him, I missed him so badly and he didn't want me. I know he was upset with me that I went away and left him. I know it will get better but after a bad day at work, this just hurt. That said Muffin and Monkey more then made up for it with the love and affection they showered me with. Muffin barely left my side the whole night. It was an adjustment for all of us.
Let's hope that over the next few weeks things get easier on all of us and yesterday's rough day was just a fluke.

No comments: