Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Make a House a Home



We moved into our house just over a year ago. We amalgamated 2 houses into 1. I unpacked all the necessary items before things got crazy. The rest got put into the crawl space to be dealt with at a later date. Art work was included in those things. I will say the majority of the stuff in the crawl space is not needed and I will just go through the boxes before giving away most of the stuff. There are a few things that are missed and loved. This will be my project in the next few weeks before I go back to work.

I've also been itching to get back into creating. I spent a few days last week cleaning up my craft room/studio. It's not where I want it to be, it won't be featured any time soon in Where Women Create or Cloth Paper Scissors Studios, but at least I have a space to create.
I made some quick home decor projects, I made these cute pictures of the kids for the walls. I had all the stuff on hand except for the ribbon. They are cheap to make but look super cute. The canvas I got at Dollarama 2 for $1.






This morning I took advantage of the fact that my dad was watching Muffin and Tutu and I played. I tried a new technique I read about and an idea I had. It started out as a picture from a magazine and I over painted it. I really like how it turned out.

The work in progress


The final product

No comments: