Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday - Pops of Colour

Another week seems to have sped by. I can't believe we are in the middle of February already.

 I'm posting this a bit early this week because I have to be at work early in the morning.

Now that I've been holding myself accountable here on a weekly basis and posting my pictures on facebook and twitter daily I seem to get more done. The last week I worked on a ruffle scarf for myself but had to put it aside to make some gifts.  I still also want to try out my flower idea but that needs to wait for now.
As with previous weeks I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy , Mama Go Round and the Transatlantic Blonde.
Wednesday there are no pictures because I was home sick and not a pretty sight.



Thursday, still not feeling good but forced myself into work.
headband - made by me
cardi - Target
ruffle top- Fashion Bug
 Watch - purchase from a friend
pants - MXM

Friday still not feeling hot.
headband - made by me
cowl - made by me
Cardi - Target
t-shirt - Penningtons
jeans - MXM
The whole weekend was spent at home sick and with sick kiddies.

Monday, wanting to feel better I tried to do myself up. I curled my hair the night before but it didn't really turn out.
headband - made by me
t-shirt - upcycled by me
pants - Penningtons
watch - purchased from a friend



 Valentine's Day Tuesday. We didn't do anything special just spent the time together as a family.  I did try and dress up a bit. I haven't worn this dress in years (it's over 10 years old). My team at work always dresses in red so I had to follow suit.  I added pops of colour.  One of my co-workers told me that I a a very colourful person and love colour. I guess my goal of being a more colourful person is being fulfilled; especially in this outfit.  I also tried something different with my hair. I twisted up along the back. I really like how it turned out.

hair flower - gift from my mom
cowl necklace - made by me
dress - Addition Elle
watch - purchased from a friend
tights - Target
shoes - Payless

I hope that you had a great week.

Ania

4 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Your hair turned out super cute! Hope you are feeling better!

Jodi said...

I love color too... and I LOVE your cowl neckace! so cute and what a great way to change up the classic valentines outfit :)

Ania said...

Thanks Melaina. It's nice to try new things.

Ania said...

Thanks Jodi, the turquoise just pops off the red.