Monday, January 24, 2011

Fabric Flower Bib Necklace

So today was a good day on the creative front. I baked 4 cakes (2 chocolate and 2 vanilla) so I can do a test run of a birthday cake for Muffin's 3rd birthday. I'm going to try decorating it with fondant. I can't believe how expensive ready made fondant is, I ended up buying a dry fondant mix. Hopefully it will turn out OK. Tomorrow I will try and decorate it so we can enjoy it on Muffin's birthday on Wednesday. If it works out then I will make another cake for her party on Saturday.

This evening I also was working with the fabric flowers I made the other day. I ended up making a bib necklace. I think it turned out cute. Tomorrow I will post pictures of it on. But for now here are the pictures of it done and in progress.



The work in progress

All my fabric flowers to choose from.


The pattern for the bib


The layout



And to keep me on my creative streak my copy of Where Women Create came in the mail today. Can`t wait to get some time to sit, read and enjoy it.

And since I have extra flowers tomorrow I will be working on something to make with them.

No comments: